HOW DO I COMPLY WITH THE LAW?
1. First, we will provide a Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) to prepare two sets of backflow prevention plans for your property. These must be submitted with two application forms to DEP’s Cross Connection Control Unit for approval. If approved, DEP will notify you via mail and return a copy of the plans to your PE or RA.
2. The backflow prevention device must then be installed by a Licensed Master Plumber (LMP) in accordance with the DEP approved plans. Installation must comply with NYC Department of Buildings regulations and requirements.
3. Once installed, the device must be tested by a New York State Certified Backflow Prevention Device Tester.
4. Once testing is completed,a test report must be filed immediately with DEP (within 30 days of device installation). In the event of an improper installation, DEP will notify you or your PE/RA.
5. Your backflow prevention device must be properly maintained, and will be subject to annual testing and inspection by a certified tester.
If you believe your property is exempt from backflow prevention requirements, you must hire a Professional Engineer (PE), Registered Architect (RA), or New York City Licensed Master Plumber (LMP) to submit a formal exemption request.
Get it Done Right!
Count on Nivó Consulting Corp to get the job done right and efficiently. At Nivó Consulting Corp. we will handle everything from beginning to end so that you’ll have one less thing to worry about.
Contact us today at (718) 200-4440.